GauchoSpace Instructor/TA Orientation
In order to use GauchoSpace as an instructor, you will need to complete a one-time Introduction to GauchoSpace orientation.
Teaching Assistants looking for assistance, please click here.
New! Online Orientation Site
To better accommodate Instructors' busy schedules, The Collaborate Introduction to GauchoSpace Orientation has now been made available online. Our Online Orientation site is a a self-paced course with documentation organized in Book Resources. During the orientation you will learn how to create your course site(s) and be introduced to the basic resources for communicating with students, editing your site, and managing your course content.
Before using the Online Orientation site:
In order to have your course site up and running quickly, please check on the following items before enrolling in the Online Orientation (New instructors click here):
- Check that your UCSBnetID and password are active (not locked). Confirm the status by logging into Identity's UCSBnetID diagnostics page.
- Verify that you are the Instructor of Record for your course. You can check this by logging into E-grades. If you see the course listed for which you would like to create a GauchoSpace course site, then you are marked as the Instructor of Record for that course.
If either of these items are not working for you, please seek assistance from your department staff.
Orientation Times - Winter/Spring 2017
- Collaborate is not currently offering in-person GauchoSpace Orientation workshops. If you need to complete the training requirement, please sign up for our Online Orientation or attend one of the in-person workshops offered by Instructional Development below.
Register for Online Orientation
- Instructional Development will be offering in-person Introduction to GauchoSpace Orientation workshops on the following dates/times:
- Mon, 4/3 from 1-2:30pm in Kerr Hall 1126
- To RSVP for a session through Instructional Development, please use the link to their reservation form HERE.
Note: You may complete the GauchoSpace Orientation requirement with either Collaborate or Instructional Development depending on what works for your schedule - the same topics are covered.
- UCSB Extension Instructors: GauchoSpace training sessions for Extension instructors are facilitated by Kim DeBacco, (805) 893-8957, Email: email@example.com.